‘And the Snowy River Riders
On the mountains make their home
Where the river runs
Those gentle hills between’
Come and join us in the heart of the legendary Man from Snowy River country.
What we can offer you
- Schools / Youth Groups: A wide range of challenging and adventurous activities, which are fun, educational and safe. We cater to schools from both Victoria and New South Wales.
- Families: The chance for adults and children to enjoy a truly memorable holiday, full of enjoyment, adventure and new experiences.
- Religious Groups: Peace and solitude in a lovely rural setting, with an individually tailored program of rewarding activities.
Where to find us
Snowy River Camp is in sunny North East Victoria, in the scenic Tallangatta Valley amid the foothills of the Great Dividing Range. A variety of domesticated farm & native animals mix freely with guests in our large, landscaped garden.
See Location Map
Mild sunny days; warm, balmy evenings and chilly nights.
We enjoy 1000 hours more sunshine than Melbourne!
Snowy River Camp’s On-Site Activities
All our activities are designed to promote:
Adventures on Site: Grade A
These are instructed by fully qualified Snowy River staff.
• Flying Fox
• Leap of Faith
Horseriding at Snowy River Camp
Firstly, you’ll learn to groom and saddle your own horse.
To build your confidence we have a full size dressage arena (with speakers).
You’ll then ride out with Snowy River Camp instructors over the open hills around the surrounding farmland.
The views are spectacular!
Our horses are gentle and experienced, and safe for beginners of all ages from Year Three (8 years old) upwards.
Adventures on Site: Grade B
Teachers or group leaders can run these, or we can provide staff to instruct sessions as required.
• Ropes Course
• Swimming (Lake and Pool)
• Leadership Initiative Course
• Trust / Obstacle Course
• Burma Bridge
• Hiking (on surrounding farmland)
• Camping (on-site)